FOOTBALL…FOOD…They just go together.
I am pumped for Super Bowl but not the gut-buster foods that go along with it. To avoid being Monday Morning Quarterback about what we ate on Super Bowl Sunday, I’m going to post a recipe a day leading up to the big game of healthy and delicious options.
2 cups Cauliflower (about 1/2 head of cauliflower)
1 Large egg white
1/8 cup Low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp Dried oregano
1/2 tsp Dried basil
1/4 tsp Garlic powder
1/4 cup Mini turkey pepperonis
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line 12 mini muffin cups with muffin liners. Spray liners with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Wash cauliflower and cut it in half. Break cauliflower into segments, and place in food processor. Pulse until it reaches a rice-like texture.
3. Place cauliflower in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 8 minutes. (Do NOT add water or cover).
4. Remove cauliflower from microwave and add the rest of the ingredients. Stir to combine. Place back in microwave for 2 minutes. Mix again.
5. Scoop cauliflower mixture into muffin liners, dividing evenly between the 12 mini liners. Fill to the top, and press filling down so it’s compact in liner. Place pepperonis on top.
6. Place muffin tin in the oven and bake muffins for 30-35 minutes, or when top starts to become golden brown. Remove from the oven, let cool completely before popping the muffins out of the liners. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.