At home I have a three-year old, so needless to say, I am still cooking for one because my toddler is on a voluntary hunger strike that is a requisite rite of passage when turning 3 …(sigh)
But there is one and I repeat ONLY ONE MEAL MY TODDLER WILL EAT WITHOUT FAIL. And you’ll never believe it when I say that it involves leafy greens. But you know what? I don’t mind, because this is one of my #top5meals of all time. Ever.
It takes a little longer prep time, but it’s so worth it.
If the word KALE scares you, don’t let it. Because with the meat and the spices and all the deliciousness that goes into it, you won’t even know you’re getting your green intake in.
So ditch those fatty meatballs in the sugar-filled sauce. You’ll be a fast fan of kale after you’ve tried these!
1 bag chopped fresh kale
1/2 bunch parsley
1 pound chicken sausage
1 pound ground beef
3/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
2 tbsp worcester sauce
2 tsb garlic powder
1 tsp cumin
1. Pulse finely kale and parsley separately. Depending on food processor size you might have to do 2-4 batches.
2. Mix green mixture with rest of ingredients.
3. Form this mixture into 1-2 inch balls.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5. Line 2 cookie sheets with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick spray.
6. Put meatballs on foil and cook 20 minutes or until the internal temperature is 160 degrees.
7. Enjoy right away, or freeze for later.